The Pension Fund Swiss Re is an institution that comes under Switzerland's so-called "second pillar" of occupational insurance. The fund's roots go back as far as 1919 when it was established as a foundation. It has since insured employees of Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd, Zurich and other employees of companies which are financially and economically close to it, against the risks of age, death and disability We operate in Zurich, Switzerland. As a Pension Fund we receive and process the personal data of individuals. We have instituted a data protection policy in order to fulfill our responsibilities to protect personal data and to respect privacy rights in compliance with data protection and privacy laws and regulations in Switzerland.
Who is responsible for the Data Processing?
Pension Fund Swiss Re, Mythenquai 50/60, 8002 Zürich, incorporated under the laws of Switzerland is responsible as data controller for the processing of your personal data on this website.
What kind of personal data we process and from where we get your personal data?
a. Connection data
Our web servers automatically log every visit in a temporary log file. User-specific data (e.g. the IP address of the requesting computer, identification data of the used browser, the operating system of the requesting computer, the volume of data transferred, the name of the Internet service provider, the date and time of access) and technical data (e.g. the name and URL of the referring website if the website was accessed via a link and, additionally, the search term if it was accessed via a search engine) are collected and logged by our servers and / or through cookies (see below). Such data may be analyzed on an anonymous basis. The data is also required to enable the use of our content (connection set-up) and is also used for system-related purposes, including technical administration and system security.
b. Data provided by you
If you want to contact us or you want to order a benefit statement from us via the Pension Fund Swiss Re website, we will ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself, in particular your name, e-mail address, phone number, office number and employee number.
If you decide to use the simulation tool, you will provide us with a set of personal information needed to run the simulation of your possible future pension.
c. Special categories of personal data
We do not intentionally collect any special categories of personal data (sensitive personal information) via a Pension Fund Swiss Re site. In no event, however, are you requested to provide sensitive personal data about you or other persons, therefore please avoid sending us such types of data.
Why we do process this data?
We will use your connection data:
- To enable you to use our digital presence (establishment of a connection).
- For the internal management of the website (e.g. technical administration and the maintenance of system security).
- To optimize user-friendliness, we collect statistics about user behavior on the Swiss Re Sites. This data is analyzed on an anonymous basis.
- To prevent fraud and improve the website's security.
- For statistical purposes and to manage and improve the usability of the Pension Fund Swiss Re Sites by means of particular software (e.g. Google analytics) or cookies.
We will use the data by you to:
- Answer any queries you have about Pension Fund Swiss Re;
- Make the requested changes in the contribution category;
- Send you a requested benefit statement of the Pension Fund Swiss Re;
- Inform you about the Pension Fund Swiss Re events hosted by Penson Fund Swiss Re and other related events.
We may process your personal data under any of the following legal grounds.
a. In the context of our legitimate interests. Where required for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us. An example would be where it is reasonable for us to measure the number of visitors to our website.
b. As a result of your consent. In some cases, we may obtain your consent to process your personal data for certain purposes such as when you ask us to send you personal information or information material. Consent given can be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of data processed prior to withdrawal.
Who do we share personal data with?
Your data is processed according to applicable data protection and privacy laws. When you send us information within the Pension Fund Swiss Re website, your data is processed and stored on servers of Pension Fund Swiss Re or third-party service providers some of whom may be based outside of Switzerland (Germany).
We may disclose your personal information to other entities of Swiss Re Group or outside in the following cases:
- Where the disclosure is necessary to fulfill your request and involves a third-party organization with which we have a business relationship or
- When explicitly requested by you, the site visitor; or
- As required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement; or
- Where the disclosure is reasonably related to any disposition of all or part of our business; or
- When the disclosure of data to third parties is necessary to protect the interests of the Pension Fund Swiss Re or other users.
We may use external service providers to assist with, for example, information technology and other administrative support services to operate our website.
We will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make your data commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
Third party links
Accordingly, your personal data will be transferred to and processed in locations outside the country in which you are viewing the Pension Fund Swiss Re Site (the “User Country”). Any data or material sent or uploaded by you will therefore be accessible in countries outside the User Country. If your User Country is within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or is Switzerland or another country providing an adequate level of data protection, please note that your personal data will also be accessible and processed in countries with a lower level of data protection. In these situations, Pension Fund Swiss Re will ensure (by entering into a written agreement or otherwise) that an adequate level of data protection is maintained by the recipients of your data in accordance with applicable data protection law.
How long we keep personal data?
Pension Fund Pension Fund Swiss Re retains the personal data collected over Pension Fund Swiss Re website only for as long as required or permitted by law and regulations.
The personal data collected through the simulation tool is automatically deleted after we provide you with the simulation results.
Your privacy rights
We recognise that you may have rights with regard to our processing of your data. While the nature and extent of these rights will differ from location to location, we have processes in place that allow us to respond in a timely manner to any valid request to:
- Access - You may have the right to find out what personal information we hold about you
- Rectification - If any of your details are incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete you can ask us to correct them or to add information.
- "Port" data - In some circumstances you can ask us to send an electronic copy of the personal information you have provided to us, either to you or to another organisation.
- Object - You have the right to object to any processing done under legitimate interests. We will then re-assess the balance between our interests and yours, considering your particular circumstances. If we have a compelling reason, we may still continue to use your information.
- Prevent marketing - You have a specific right to object to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes, which we will always act upon.
- Restrict processing - If you are uncertain about the accuracy or our use of your information, you can ask us to stop using your information until your query is resolved. We will inform you of the outcome before we take any further action in relation to this information.
- Erase - You can ask us to delete your personal information if deleting your data is not in conflict with our legal and regulatory obligations. If we are using consent to process your information and you withdraw it, you can ask us to erase your information.
At all events, where we use your data to make decisions solely by automated means (including using your data to build a profile about you) we will inform you that we are doing this and make sure that you are able to contest any such decision. Any new profiling activity or automated decision-making activity we carry out is subject to a robust assessment aimed at mitigating any risks to you. This assessment is carried out before the processing commences.
The easiest way to exercise your rights is to contact the data protection team using the contact details below. We will respond promptly, and we do not normally charge for providing a response.
If you are unhappy with how we process your personal data, you may have the right to complain to a data protection regulator or supervisory authority. We encourage you to contact us first, so we can address your concerns.
If you have questions about this topic, please contact our Global Data Protection Officer, Dr Stefan Weiss, and his team at Data_Protection@swissre.com. We are available for you, and our global team of Data Protection Officers will respond to legitimate individual requests for clarity, access to your personal data, or the exercise of any other privacy rights.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (e.g. a computer or smartphone) when you access a website. It allows the website to recognize your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
What cookies do we use?
In addition, we also utilize cookies on certain pages of our Pension Fund Swiss Re Site to communicate with third party data suppliers in order to extrapolate your digital behavior. This help us to understand and target more relevant advertising in the future. The information we receive is all aggregate and anonymous, but will include statistics such as demographics, online behavior, product interests and lifestyle. Targeting and tracking cookies are provided via trusted third-party suppliers. Should you require more information regarding our suppliers and how these cookies operate please contact us.
How do I disable cookies?
If you do not want to receive a cookie, you have the option of setting your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, so that you may determine whether to accept it or not. However, please be aware that if you do turn off 'cookies' in your browser, you will not be able to fully experience some of the Pension Fund Swiss Re Site. For example, you will not be able to benefit personalization features.
To disable or set your preferences on which cookies may apply to you, please use the cookie banner. The banner is displayed in the bottom of the website during your first visit. You either simply accept all the cookies, which will provide you the best user experience. Or you can click the "Settings" button in the banner and decide which cookies will be used and which not. The necessary cookies can't be turned off because the website won't work without them properly.
Web analytics services
We will use your connection data for statistical purposes and to manage and improve the usability of the Pension Fund Swiss Re Sites by means of particular software (e.g. Google analytics) or cookies (see above).