The Pension Fund calculates the amount of the applicable assets (leaving benefits, early withdrawal to buy residential property, retirement pension, etc.) and provides written confirmation of this. Please notify us
- of the date on which your divorce was initiated
- the date on which you were married
- as well as the amount of your pension fund savings capital at the time of your marriage (if you were not insured by the Pension Fund Swiss Re at that time)
- file number and address of the competent court.
Please fill the form "Application for a feasibility declaration" and send it to us together with copies of the following documents:
- Marriage/partnership certificate
- Confirmation of initiating divorce/partnership dissolution proceedings
We will draw up a feasibility declaration for submission to the court under the provisio that no divorce case (death and disabiloity) occured before divorce.
After receiving the legally valid divorce decree, which the court sends to us directly, we will transfer the amount stated in the divorce settlement to the divorced spouse according to the instructions.
The payment of part of the leaving benefits accrued during the marriage first lowers the amount of savings capital available in the ER account, then the savings capital in the Capital Plan (or the fund units), then the retirement assets available in the Pension Plan. If the amount of retirement assets in the Pension Plan were to fall, this would also result in a reduction to the future retirement pension.
The amount to be paid out in the event of divorce can be purchased again by the insured.
>Click here< to calculate the effect that making an early withdrawal from the Pension Plan will have on your expected retirement benefits.